- Does my aaS look big in this? Microsoft Azure targets IoT amateurs 21 April 2017 | 11:05 am
- Italian court rules excessive mobile phone use caused brain tumour 21 April 2017 | 10:47 am
- Oracle shells out a Moat load of cash for online ad auditor 21 April 2017 | 10:35 am
- Verizon misplaces 289k customers 20 April 2017 | 6:16 pm
- Orange unchained with Djingo smart home launch 20 April 2017 | 3:03 pm
2014 Host Operators
The du Digital Business encompasses Innovation and Digital Services that will drive future revenue growth for du. The division sets the vision and the roadmap for digital services across segments as well as driving the execution across the firm. The team provides thought leadership and industry insight and develops digital disruption strategies and new service capabilities that enable the spectrum of new digital services. The team is organized in:
- Country Level Digital Initiatives e.g. relating to Smart Government/Smart City, Health, Financial Services
- Consumer Digital Services e.g. Smart Home
- Enterprise Digital Services e.g. M2M and Cloud applications
Also within the Digital Business, we have a team dedicated to the Digital Experience – i.e. how our customers experience du on the online and mobile channels.
DSP Host (Digital Services Provider)
We’re the global digital services and innovation arm of Telefónica, one of the world’s largest telecoms companies with operations across Europe and Latin America and over 320 million customers.
Telefónica Digital was created to lead Telefónica’s transformation into a digital telco. We are the engine for bringing the digital products and services which will help to improve the lives of our customers by leveraging the power of technology. This ranges from developing new technologies for consumers to communicate with friends and family through to helping businesses and governments address new opportunities, improve operations and increase efficiencies.
We take an entrepreneurial approach to identify and accelerate the latest technology trends, incubating new disruptive digital businesses (see Wayra). We deliver end-to-end digital products and services in B2B, B2C and B2B2C in a number of domains: future communications, machine-to-machine, financial services, media services, cloud computing and information security. We also develop the right partnerships so we can be the single source of the best digital experiences for our customers.
Telefónica Digital is headquartered in London with regional hubs in Europe, Israel, Latin America and the United States. Track our daily updates, blogs, news, jobs and industry news via Twitter @tefdigital or sign up for e-alerts (see top left) to get a direct email when we’ve made a big announcement or posted a new insights piece.
We are structured across four key areas:
- Innovation & New Business – focused on discovering and incubating the next generation of digital services. We take an innovative ‘venture capital’-like approach to innovation, as well as identifying the right start-ups to work with, invest in or potentially acquire.
- Digital Services – delivering high quality, integrated product offerings across a number of more established digital service areas, including Machine-to-Machine, Cloud Computing, eHealth, Financial Services, Advertising and Information Security. The unit is also responsible for striking global partnerships with leading digital companies.
- Media Services – brings together all of Telefónica’s capabilities in media services ranging from IPTV and satellite TV to over-the-top video, ensuring that Telefonica is a leading video company.
- Communications – enabling Telefónica to continue innovating in its core business of communications, leveraging its world-class expertise in IP and video communications.