- Does my aaS look big in this? Microsoft Azure targets IoT amateurs 21 April 2017 | 11:05 am
- Italian court rules excessive mobile phone use caused brain tumour 21 April 2017 | 10:47 am
- Oracle shells out a Moat load of cash for online ad auditor 21 April 2017 | 10:35 am
- Verizon misplaces 289k customers 20 April 2017 | 6:16 pm
- Orange unchained with Djingo smart home launch 20 April 2017 | 3:03 pm
Download – ANALYST INSIGHT by Mark Newman
Digital-operator profile: Deutsche Telekom’s digital strengths and opportunities lie in its industrial heartland
by Mark Newman Chief Research Officer, Informa Telecoms & Media
- Deutsche Telekom has a digital business unit but this is not a new function. It is simply a new name given to the Product & Innovation unit which has existed for several years.
- The DBU focuses on both consumer and business services. Current consumer services include the T-Online portal, services provided by subsidiaries Scout 24 and DeTeMedien and payments. Business services include cloud, M2M and advertising solutions. The DBU also has a “product factory” role for DT’s opcos.
- DT owns T-Systems, a global ICT-services company. This gives it a huge advantage over other telcos in developing cloud and M2M expertise….